Akhmedova Mekhpara Kyamran kyzy, Lecturer, sub-department of pedagogy and psychology, Nakhichevan State University (University campus, Nakhichevan, Nakhichevan Autonomous Republic, Azerbaijan), email@example.com
Background. Modern Azerbaijan as an independent state is en route of important reform affecting all spheres of the society, namely education. Fostering high moral traits in the rising generation is a necessary factor of the purposeful implementation of this process and an important objective for secondary and higher schools. The research aim is to consider methods and technologies of formation and development of moral traits of personality on the basis of studying the pedagogical and creative legacy of the people’s poet of Azerbaijan Mamed Araz (1933–2004).
Materials and methods. Realization of the research tasks was achieved on the basis of poetic images of Mamed Araz, composing the content of his collections of poetry such as “Stone eagle” (1975), “Winged rocks” (1981) andи “The book of my father” (1983) and allowing to analyze civial ideas and moral criteria of the poet’s works in the scientific and pedagogical aspects using the concepts and models of analysis, found in the pedagogical knowledge and in the research results on the problem of formation and development of the moral sphere and traits of personality. A special attention is paid to the research results by such Russian and Azerbaijani scientists as L. I. Bozhovich, A. V. Zosimovsky, A. Garmaev, V. V. Stolin, L. N. Sobchik, G. Akhmedov, S. Bagirova, R. Aliev and others.
Results. Moral traits of personality in the pedagogical legacy and works of Mamed Araza were considered from the point of view of the importance thereof in formation of national and moral values in the rising generation. The author substantiated an idea, that through his works Mamed Araz contributed to formation of patriotism, humanism, honesty, diligence, courage and love of freedom in the youth in order to foster high moral traits and civil ideals, as well as paid significant attention at implementation thereof to the importance of family, school and social environment. The researcher investigated the content and structure of fostering and development of moral traits in students and determined the technologies and criteria of the process under investigation. The spheres of the sociocultural and project technology in development of moral traits in students were also revealed.
Conclusions. The study of the structure and content of formation and development of moral traits of students in modern conditions allows to determine a necessity to form a personality of a new type, for which a need for creativity, self-education and self-development, transition from functional-role attendance at an educational institution to system-activity self-realization and vital activity appears to be of great importance. The analysis of the pedagogical and artistic legacy of Mamed Araz suggests an idea, that there is no high civil education without self-control and self-appraisal, which always should feature in a person when commiting one or another act or deed.
independent Azerbaijan, Mamed Araz, poetry, spoken word, motherland, education, morality, civil ideas, high duty, worthy citizen.
1. Adorno T. V. Problemy filosofii morali: per. s nem. M. L. Khor'kova [Problems of mo¬ral philosophy: translation from German by M. L. Khorkov]. Moscow: Respublika, 2000, 239 p.
2. Guseynzade R. Programma po pedagogike [Educational program]. Baku: Tipografiya AGPU, 2010, 73 p.
3. Azerbaydzhan. [Azerbaijan]. 2009, 20 june, no. 132 (5236).
4. Talybov Ya., Sadigov F., Guliev S. Problemy nravstvennogo vospitaniya molodezhi [Problem of moral education of youth]. Baku: Unsiyyat (Obshchenie), 1998, 152 p.
5. Ozhegov S. I. Tolkovyy slovar' russkogo yazyka [Explanatory dictionary of the Russian language]. Moscow,1993, 955 p.
6. Bagashev A. Vospitanie shkol'nikov [Fostering of school children]. 2008, no. 9, pp. 10–13.
7. Mamed A. Kniga ottsa moego [The book of my father]. Moscow: Sovetskiy pisatel', 1983, 160 p.
8. Stolin V. V. Samosoznanie lichnosti [Self-consciousness of personality]. Moscow: Izd-vo MGU, 1983, 284 p.
9. Il'in I. A. Put' dukhovnogo obnovleniya [Path of spiritual renovation]. Moscow: Bib¬liopolis, 2008, 365 p.
10. Garmaev A. Etapy nravstvennogo razvitiya [Stages of moral development]. Volgograd: Ofset, 1998,123p.
11. Mamed A. Kamennyy orel [Stone eagle]. Moscow: Sovetskiy pisatel', 1975, 110 p.
12. Sobchik L. N. Vvedenie v psikhologiyu individual'nosti [Introduction into psychology of individuality]. Moscow: Institut prikladnoy psikhologii, 2001, 511 p.
13. Mamed A. Krylatye skaly [Winged rocks]. Baku: Yazychy, 1981, 202 p.
14. Gabibbeyli I. Narodnyy poet Mamed Araz [People’s poet Mamed Araz]. Baku: Azerneshr, 1999, 160 p.